WELCOME TO BLIZZARD DAY 2!
PLEASE PARTICIPATE IN THIS ASSIGNMENT HONESTLY
AS A SUBSTITUTE FOR A MAKE-UP DAY
In the technology center, we spend the bulk of our time with hands-on learning activities. being unable to be at school means a different assignment is needed. This activity will help you and your instructor understand what careers interest you.
Please remember, we all will be working today and are available to answer questions throughout the day. Contact me if you have questions relating to the assignment. I can be reached through the blog or at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Goto msn.com
- On the blue menu bar, click on "JOB SEARCH" (careerbuilder.com)
- On the orange orange bar, click on Resume Center.
- On the right hand side of the page, below where it says “Need Resume Help?”, click on “Review resume samples.”
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on “Writing the perfect resume.”
- Read this article. It is good information about what resumes are and why we need them and how to get started writing good ones.
- Go back to “Review Sample Resumes.”
- Click on the VIEW button under General Resume. Print this off and bring it to class.
- Read the “objective” statement. Write an objective for yourself--what is your objective in taking this class? What is your objective for applying for a job--why do you want a job, or a specific job you are applying for, or would like to apply for?
- Email me your objective statement.
Emailing me your objective statement will count as your participation in class today.